SOURCE: MetLife, Inc.DESCRIPTION:
The sustainability of an organization can be measured through the sustainability of its workforce. Making strategic choices and investments to support the workforce is a vital part of the success of the company and employees' growth forward. - Susan Podlogar, Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
At MetLife, we have spent over 150 years keeping our promises with employees, making sure we are always there and navigating change with confidence and purpose. Our purpose, Always with you, building a more confident future, guides us as we design the next century at MetLife: inclusive, confident, and full of promise. We’ve prioritized understanding how we can help our employees better succeed at work. Whether that’s through learning and development opportunities customized for individual career plans, cultivating a culture that champions and welcomes inclusivity in all its definitions, or introducing a holistic suite of benefits, we are working across human resources — including talent development, learning and development, and diversity and inclusion — to build
a workforce that can thrive now and in the future.
- $10 million: Fund for our multiyear Workforce of the Future strategy to prepare our people for a changing workplace.
- 2,688 online sales skills coaching events completed through our Distribution Academy
Diversity & inclusion
- Signed on to the CEO Action for Diversity & inclusion pledge, the largest CEO-driven diversity initiative.
- 44,000: Number of employees who took the 2019 MyVoice employee attitude and satisfaction survey, a 6% increase from 2018.
- 117,000: Number of comments received, 11,000 more than 2018.
Want the full report?
Tweet me: Read @MetLife's 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about how, over the last 150 years, the organization has kept promises with employees, making sure to navigate change with confidence and purpose. https://bit.ly/38eIKzP
KEYWORDS: MetLife Inc., MetLife, MetLife 2019 Sustainability Report, MetLife Sustainability Report, NYSE:MET