Dole Food Company, Inc.:
Dole’s nationwide Peel the Love Food Truck Tour will stop at the Boys & Girls Club Teichert Branch for a 30-minute health rally on June 10 to show kids how fun nutrition can be and encourage them to eat more fruits and veggies.
“Peel the Love” is a year-long Dole campaign and food truck tour celebrating the fun, versatility and irreverence of bananas. The eight cities on the tour – Seattle, Sacramento, L.A., Phoenix, Houston, Des Moines, Baltimore/Wash D.C. and NYC – enjoy significantly higher per-capita banana consumption than the national average.
- BOBBY BANANA – Dole’s 6-foot banana character!
- The brightly colored pink-and-turquoise Peel the Love food truck
- Kids participating in fun nutrition games and contests – with prizes!
- Dole experts teaching kids the importance of eating fruits and vegetables
- Banana recipe demos and sampling / HEALTHY DESSERT SAMPLES!
Monday, June 10, 2013 – 4:00-5:30pm
Boys & Girls Club Teichert Branch - 5212 Lemon Hill Ave. Sacramento
Nuggett Market June 6, Nuggett Market (Elk Grove) June 6, Bel Air Market June 7, Doggy Dash (William Land Park) June 8, Raley’s Market (Fair Oaks) June 9, Bel Air Market (Gold River) June 9, Grocery Outlets (Citrus Heights) June 10
Bob Ochsner or Collin Whitley, 714-881-2341