Research Finds People Now Hate Chatbots More Than Ads

By: Issuewire

New York, United States Feb 25, 2021 ( - Commercial Data Sciences is a digital consultancy based in New York and Sydney that has led market research on chatbots and how they impact user behavior and perceptions. Their research shows that the use of chatbots by companies is a signal to customers of the slow decline of the importance of customer service.

New research led by Commercial Data Sciences has found a majority of the customers dislike online chatbots. In America, 60% of consumers find ads so intrusive they switch to another device the moment an advertisement comes on. However, 64% now report a company's chatbots alienate them as a customer. As per the research, 87% of customers feel that their interactions with a chatbot leave them feeling undervalued as a customer and the perception that providing customers with service was a repetitive, low-value function.

According to James Klauber, CEO of Commercial Data Sciences, their research found that customers were optimistic about the future role of artificial intelligence in customer service and the benefits of real-time support but found the chatbots most companies use emphasized robotic automation over a personalized experience. He also said, 'This is a failure of implementation rather than technology. Many companies are deploying chatbots to just save money and are using outdated and prompt-based models reliant on dialogue triggers. They are yet to embrace the fact that chatbots, when deployed correctly, can do more than cut costs - they can increase revenue and increase loyalty. Deep thought needs to be given to the customer's needs and experience. When chatbots are developed and deployed with intent recognition, adaptive learning, and dynamic logic the payoffs for both company and consumer are immense'. He goes on to add, 'This year more than 85% of the online consumer to company interactions will be without a human agent, and 90% of companies don't think making those interactions amazing ones is important - which explains why implementation has been so poorly handled. This creates an incredible opportunity for the other 10% to differentiate themselves in the AI customer experience space and aggressively capture market share'.

Similar research was carried out by Pricewaterhouse Coopers who found out that less than half of all executives say that they already have a functional framework for automating customer experience. 90% of companies believe that creating better experiences for customers is not a priority for them on the digital front.

Commercial Data Sciences is a team of marketing enthusiasts and data scientists who are delivering some of the best insights and services in the scope of digital marketing and sales. Their vision is to help businesses from bootstrapped start-ups to Fortune 500s, of all stages, sizes, and budgets to grow. They offer global services in the areas of SEO, PPC, content management, lead generation, and reputation management. For further information about them, reach out Olive Catig (, or visit their website at

Media Contact

Commercial Data Sciences


244 5th Ave Suite 1247, New York, New York 10001

Source :Commercial Data Sciences

This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.

Data & News supplied by
Stock quotes supplied by Barchart
Quotes delayed at least 20 minutes.
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.