At Qualcomm, as a company of inventors, we believe in the power of technology. We also believe that innovation leads to social change, and that with every exciting new invention comes the potential to transform the way we live, work and connect.
Our Company owes its success to the hard work and dedication of our employees. Our varied backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas help us increase our global awareness and are crucial to our ability to innovate.
We foster inclusive teams of diverse employees, educate and train all employees and leaders on the importance of driving diversity and reach out to varied communities to promote technology education. We also engage our global workforce through giving and outreach efforts to support and enrich the communities where we live and work.
Reporting on the successes of our 2020 Corporate Responsibility Goals
2020 Goal: Our comprehensive programs for recruiting, retaining, and promoting an inclusive and diverse workforce will result in increased representation of women and underrepresented minorities (URM) across our workforce including technical and business leadership roles.
- Company-wide female representation is up 17 percent and population of URMs in the U.S. is up 5 percent since Q1 FY19.
- For engineering, total female population is up 15 percent and population of URMs in the U.S. is up 12 percent since Q1 FY19.
- Reduced the voluntary attrition rates of both women and URMs below the Company average.
- The employee perception of Qualcomm as an inclusive workplace has increased by 10 percent since FY19, as indicated by our diversity survey results.
Introducing our 2025 Corporate Responsibility Goals
2025 Goals: Qualcomm will continue to focus on increasing diversity and inclusion within our workforce. We are committed to ensuring that every employee has an equal opportunity to become a leader. Our 2025 goals reaffirm that commitment.
- Increase Representation of Women in Leadership* by 15 percent
- Increase Underrepresented Minorities (URM** Leadership representation by 15 percent
- Increase overall URM representation by 20 percent
To learn more about Qualcomm’s 2025 goals and ESG performance in 2020, access the full report here
* Leadership is defined as individuals at the Principal and above level in technical roles, and Director and above in non-technical roles.
** For technical positions, “URM” includes Black, Latinx, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, and American Indian or Native American. For non-technical positions, “URM” includes Black, Latinx, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, American Indian or Native American, and Asian.
Tweet me: As part of its 2025 goals, @Qualcomm will continue to focus on increasing diversity & inclusion within its workforce. Learn more about the company's ongoing work and progress to increase representation of women & underrepresented minorities: https://bit.ly/2MQqztZ
KEYWORDS: Qualcomm, NASDAQ:QCOM