Vancouver, British Columbia--(Newsfile Corp. - October 17, 2022) - The Beacon Design Collective Inc. continues to lead in climate action with the launch of an integrated five point strategy to offset carbon emissions. It is within this framework that the firm hopes to contribute in the fight against climate change.
The five components of the firm's five point strategy are:
● The key component is to plant 30,000 to 40,000 trees every quarter.
● All employees work remotely, reducing the carbon footprint of the entire company.
● Every employee who switches from gas powered vehicles to electric vehicles is given a rebate of one thousand dollars.
● The company has received the platinum certification, the highest level awarded, from the Green Business Bureau for its sustainability initiatives. Being certified by the Green Business Bureau involves learning, prioritizing and managing green initiatives to make the business more sustainable. In the case of Beacon, the firm pays an annual fee to renew the certification, completes detailed questionnaires and introduces new sustainability initiatives on a regular basis to retain its platinum certification.
● The company is working on a plan to offset the carbon footprint of every employee so that the net carbon footprint is zero.
The new strategy, with its heavy emphasis on tree planting, is intended to contribute directly to climate action.
Said Dani Vachon, Founder and Chief Operator at The Beacon Design Collective Inc., "Planting trees not only helps mitigate climate change but has many benefits. Trees purify the air we breathe, filter water, enrich the soil and serve as home to over 80% of the species in the world. My aim is to plant a tree for every minute that one of my employees works and thus offset the entire carbon footprint of my company. So far, we have achieved the milestone of planting a tree for every two minutes that our employees work. Now, our clients can work with us on projects knowing that they are indirectly supporting our efforts to tackle climate change."
Concluded Dani Vachon, "For tree planting, we work with a company that plants mangroves in coastal wetlands. Mangrove trees can absorb three to four times more than regular forests. Every tree we plant can provide a carbon store for 70-100 years, well into the future. Hence, our five point framework is definitely a step in the right direction."
About The Beacon Design Collective Inc.
The Beacon Design Collective Inc. specializes in a wide range of communications services including out of the box visual solutions for clients in the social justice and sustainability sectors. The firm has provided branding and visual solutions for renowned clients including the University of Vermont, Carbon Engineering, the City of Vancouver and Oxfam Canada.
Name: Dani Vachon
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the source version of this press release, please visit https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/140803